Monday, November 17, 2008


When we started Bunco over 20 years ago, most of us did not have kids...we planned the perfect meal and the house had to be completely decorated to whatever season it was. I remember one year wanting to make chocolate lace dessert cups. When I melted the chocolate I had burned it, so I went back to the store for more chocolate. I spent hours lacing the chocolate around a small pyrex dish...and then freezing it so that it would become its own bowl. Some had crumbled...so I made more. By the time I was finished, I had spent hours and $$$$ on a dessert for my friends. I want to believe it was to do something special for my friends, but it was probably to impress them.

Twenty plus years later...one in our group is a grandma, several have married or engaged children, all of us have kids in college...our jobs have changed...some have moved.... but one thing that has not changed is our common bond in Christ. We have shared tears, laughs, smiles and pranks, joys and heartaches.
Praise God for friendship!

Tonight we met in a restaurant. There were no holiday decorations, or the "perfect" home cooked meal, or even a fancy dessert, but there were twelve women sharing in one of God's greatest blessings to us...friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment